I used Carolyn Ketchum's Cheese Dough for this Pizza. The recipe for the pizza dough is found in her book, "Everyday Ketogenic Kitchen". The rest of the recipe is mine. This pizza recipe is the perfect easy way to put together a meal in less than 45 minutes. The pizza has no sauce but you don't miss it because it is so cheesy and crunchy good. Feel free to cut into the pizza right out of the oven but let it rest for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Magic Mozzarella Dough:
6 ounces preshredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (about 11/2 cups)
5 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 cup blanched almond flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 large egg
1. Sprinkle a large piece of parchment paper or a silicone baking mat with almond flour.
2. Melt the cheese and butter in a large saucepan over low heat until they can be stirred together.
3. Remove from heat and add the dry ingredients: almond flour, baking powder, garlic powder, and salt. Add the egg and stir everything together to form the dough. Use a rubber spatula to really knead the dough in the pan. Some streaks of cheese are ok in the dough.
4. Turn the dough out onto the almond floured parchment surface and knead for until formed, about 2 to 3 minutes. If dough is sticky, add about 1 tablespoon more almond flour. Place another piece of parchment paper on top of dough. Taking a rolling pin, roll out to a 12 inch circle. Remove top parchment paper and crimp edge to make crust. Carefully move to pizza stone or a baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 to 15 minutes.
5. Add the following ingredients and turn up oven to 375 degrees F and bake for another 12-18 minutes:
Chicken, Bacon, Artichoke Toppings:
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoons oregano
1 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
1 cup preshredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup canned artichoke halves (drained)
1/2 cup cooked crumbled bacon pieces
1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken pieces
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Brush dough with olive oil.
2. Add mozzarella cheese sprinkled on top.
3. Combine oregano, basil, garlic powder, salt, pepper and crushed red pepper and pour over cheese.
4. Spread artichoke hearts, bacon, and chopped chicken over top of cheese and seasonings.
6. Cover with shredded Parmesan cheese and bake according to directions above.